IMA Tutorial on Optical Imaging
David J. Brady
Text: Optical Imaging and Spectroscpy, David J. Brady (Distributed in hard copy)
Computational imaging systems and geometric optics
- Morning Lecture
- Text chapter 1
- R. Shogenji, Y. Kitamura, K. Yamada, S. Miyatake, and J. Tanida, "Multispectral imaging using compact compound optics," Opt. Express 12, 1643-1655 (2004), http://www.opticsexpress.org/abstract.cfm?URI=OPEX-12-8-1643
- Kitamura Y, Shogenji R, Yamada K, et al.Reconstruction of a high-resolution image on a compound-eye image-capturing system APPLIED OPTICS 43 (8): 1719-1727 MAR 10 2004
- Matlab code for modified uniformly redundant array generation. Run tijMURA.m first to generate the coded aperture and then run imageExample.m to image a source.
Fourier optics, sampling and holography
- Morning Lecture
Diffraction and Optical Elements
- Afternoon Lecture Holography
- M. Liebling, T. Blu, M. Unser, " Fresnelets: New Multiresolution Wavelet Bases for Digital Holography ," IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 29-43, January 2003.
- M. Liebling, M. Unser, " Autofocus for Digital Fresnel Holograms by Use of a Fresnelet-Sparsity Criterion ," Journal of the Optical Society of America A, vol. 21, no. 12, pp. 2424-2430, December 2004.
- Ehud Heyman, Leopold B. Felsen , Gaussian beam and pulsed-beam dynamics: complex-source and complex-spectrum formulations within and beyond paraxial asymptotics, JOSA A, Vol. 18 Issue 7 Page 1588 (July 2001)
- Mathematica code used to illustrate Hermite gaussian diffraction
- Matlab code to produce coefficients for Hermite polynomials
Interference and Coherence Imaging
- Morning Lecture Interferometry and the van Cittert-Zernike Theorem
- Marks, D.L., et al., Visible cone-beam tomography with a lensless interferometric camera . Science, 1999. 284 (5423): p. 2164-2166
- Marks, D.L., R.A. Stack, and D.J. Brady, Three-dimensional coherence imaging in the Fresnel domain. Applied Optics, 1999. 38(8): p. 1332-1342.
- A. J. Devaney, “The inverse problem for random sources,” J. Math. Phys. 20, 1687–1691 ~1979!.
- Afternoon Lecture OCT and spatial/spectral and temporal degrees of freedom
Spectroscopy and Spectral Imaging